The Best Gin And Prosecco Cocktails
Both gin and prosecco are popular alcoholic beverages. If you like having a glass of gin and tonic or a flute of prosecco, why not try to create some delicious cocktails by infusing the two?
Prosecco is usually enjoyed at brunch or celebratory events as well as Christmas and New Year. Although a bottle of chilled prosecco is usually popped open on occasions, it remains a popular drink to enjoy all year round.
Gin is most popular in the summertime, there's nothing better than enjoying a glass of cold gin and tonic paired with fresh fruits on a hot day.
Why not get creative with these two alcoholic favourites? The crisp fizz of prosecco paired with the flavoursome, sweet taste of gin goes hand in hand.
Get inspired by these seven appetizing cocktail recipes below.
Summer Berry Gin Bellini
This cocktail is perfect if you want to make a simple alcoholic drink full of great flavour and fruity aromas. Combine all the ingredients into a flute glass and garnish with summer berries and crushed ice.
- Add 5ml of raspberry liquor to 35ml of quality gin.
- Mix well and continue to add equal measurements of 70ml of prosecco and 70ml lemonade.
- Finish off by adding fresh summer berries and stir, finishing off by packing the glass with some crushed ice.
A great choice if you're hosting a picnic or garden party. This grapefruit wheel cocktail mix can be served from a large jug. Add plenty of big ice cubes and top it off with a rosemary stem.
- Fill a large jug with ice cubes to the top and add in 300ml of gin.
- Add in two bottles of prosecco, alongside a generous amount of still grapefruit juice.
- Mix well and prepare some glasses so they’re ready to be filled.
- Chop up three grapefruits and slice them into small triangular pieces.
- Make a small incision to the flesh of each piece and balance it on the outer part of the glass - this is mainly for decoration, but can be eaten.
- Share with your guests and enjoy!
If sweet and fruity isn’t quite your thing and you prefer stronger flavours, this Bakewell flute cocktail mix will be great to try out.
- Mix 50ml of gin with 25ml of maraschino liqueur.
- Add a small dash of almond syrup and stir well.
- Add some ice to a flute glass and pour the mixture in.
- Top up the glass with prosecco, finishing off with three juicy raspberries.
Sparkling Bee’s Knees
One of the most refreshing cocktails to make, with ingredients including honey and lemon - you won’t be able to get enough of this drink.
- Combine 35ml of gin, 20ml honey and 20ml of fresh lemon juice in a cocktail mixer, shaking for 30 seconds.
- Divide into a few wine glasses and top up with prosecco.
- Cut up a large lemon and serve alongside each glass.
St Clements Fizz
Make this crowd-pleasing cocktail for your next celebratory toast. Made with fresh orange and citrus-perfumed gin.
- Mix 20ml of lemon gin with 50ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Add in roughly 10ml of sweet vermouth and fill the remainder of the glass with prosecco.
- Garnish with a wedge of orange or skin peeling and add some ice.
This sweet cocktail is easy to make and even easier to drink. Fresh and full of flavour, make sure to save this recipe for your next summer bash.
- Mix 12.5ml of elderflower cordial with an equal measurement of 12.5ml rose syrup.
- Add 20ml of gin and top up the flute with prosecco.
- Finish off by decorating with edible flowers or half a strawberry.
Jaffa Cake Spritz
If you have a sweet tooth, this cocktail is for you. You will need to use jaffa cake flavoured gin (yes, that exists!).
- In a large glass, add ice, a slice of fresh orange and 20ml of jaffa cake flavoured gin.
- Add your desired amount of prosecco depending on how strong you want the flavour of the jaffa cake gin to be.
- Finish off by placing a jaffa cake on the side of the glass for an additional treat for your guests to enjoy - this part is optional.
Why Does Gin Pair So Well With Prosecco?
Gin and prosecco pair really well together. Gin holds most of the flavour and prosecco adds a gentle fizz - similar to when people choose lemonade over tonic.
The two complement each other perfectly and pairing fresh fruit such as lemon, berries and lime help add fragrance.
Calories In Gin And Prosecco Cocktails
Cocktails are undeniably delicious, meaning we end up drinking them like juice. But just how many calories are in prosecco and gin cocktails?
It’s easy to get carried away on a night out - don’t feel guilty if you can’t manage to keep on track every time you fancy a drink.
Added syrups and juices can make calories pile up, so opting for low-sugar products in the supermarket will help.
Calories found in alcohol have no nutritional value, unlike added fruit juices. Although juice adds more calories, they’re still full of important vitamins and minerals.
The great thing about making your own cocktails is the fact you can buy your own ingredients and keep on top of calories, something that's useful when you’re on a diet.
Our organic ThinK prosecco contains just 60 calories per glass, which is less than a banana! It's low in both sugar and carbs, with a measly 0.7g of sugar and zero carbs in each serving.
Calories In Gin
Similar to ThinK prosecco, gin is also low in calories. Both paired together alongside fresh berries or lemon slices, make the perfect diet-friendly beverage.
A single measure of gin (25ml) has around 54 calories. Compared to other alcoholic drinks such as beer, gin is far lower in both carbs and sugar as well.
Just like vodka, whiskey and rum, gin is highly distilled - meaning it's low in sugar.
As we all know, gin is made with juniper berries - which are a natural diuretic, helping aid digestion. If you find that alcohol bloats you, switching to gin-based drinks will help.
What Is Vegan Prosecco?
Vegan prosecco has the same great taste as non-vegan prosecco. The only difference between the two is that vegan prosecco goes through an alternative fining process, where animal products aren’t used.
Regular prosecco is filtered, whereas vegan prosecco isn’t. Vegan prosecco can have a slightly cloudier appearance and thicker texture, but rest assured, this doesn’t affect the overall taste.
Why Choose ThinK Wine Prosecco?
We have a wide range of prosecco available on our website. Every single bottle of ThinK prosecco is vegan and organic, making it perfect either alone or as an ingredient in cocktails.
If you’re after a healthier alternative to regular prosecco or found yourself adopting a low-carb diet, don't be misled into thinking you can no longer enjoy an alcoholic beverage after a long week.
Our prosecco is made with the finest Glera grapes from the heart of Treviso, located in north-east Italy.
Not only is our prosecco fresh and luxurious, but it also won silver at the world-renowned Glass of bubbly awards.
We sell both singular bottles of vegan prosecco as well as various bundles - so whether you want to enjoy a glass alone or create some cocktails, you’ll be sure to have plenty to go around.
Organic Vegan Piccino Frizzante Prosecco & Sparkling Rosé (12x200ml)
Always enjoy your fabulous wines, great service again👍🥂🥂
Great tasting Prosecco. I Love the fact it’s better for you but you aren’t missing the flavour or changing the flayat all
Love this wine, very tasty, low cal and no headache the next day. Lovely service and quick delivery from company and this is now my regular drink. They also have good discount offers regularly and I’m nice and stocked up for Xmas. Thank you Think Wine x
Not only is this a gorgeous Prosecco but customer service equally fantastic. My delivery went missing. The team couldn’t do enough to rectify this and even threw in some goodies as an apology. Thank you Team Think!
Wow what can I say…. this is without a doubt my favourite Prosecco everrrr! With fewer calories it’s a no brainer, game changing awesome idea! I’m a total convert and future loyal customer! Love love love!
These little 200ml bottles are perfect just having the one or two. Haha perfect size love them! ❤ the prosecco is very yummy and no headache yet!!
This wine is so good! Unfortunately, won’t be able to order too often because it’s expensive. However, it’s worth the money.
I love the small bottles
Really lovely sparkling wine even though it’s low cal. It’s now my new favourite drink. Great customer service and delivery. Would defo recommend.
Only one minor point is that as I actually do prefer the rose it would be great if there was an option to purchase 6 of either just rose, or white, instead of just mixed. I still enjoy the white though. Apologies if it an option and I’ve missed it. Thank you
It’s smooth and delicious. Their service is top notch and delivery is quick. Also perfect as gifts, just bought 2. One for housewarming and another for a colleague’s promotion.
Done an 8k run the day after I’d drank the full bottle. Would never ever normally be able to do that’s but the no hangover thing is real. Wow such a difference
Very nice wine ..refreshing and easy to drink will continue to order but will order the small bottles as it’s tempting to drink the whole bottle !!
My first time buying the Rose small bottles. Greta fast delivery too . it’s not sweet but perfectly fizzy all the way to the end of the glass.
Wasn’t sure to start with but one you get used to the very slight difference in taste it s a game changer! Less calls and I would say less Prosecco head hang overs! Bottles are gorgeous and packaging great. Delivery all fab too.